Fitness Minutes: (2,350)
3/16/12 6:28 A
Born and raised in the USA currently living in Belgium
"When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can't make them change if they don't want to, just like when they do want to, you can't stop them." - Andy Warhol
Fitness Minutes: (48,492)
437 3/16/12 6:27 A
Fitness Minutes: (90,501)
3/16/12 6:07 A
3/16/12 6:05 A
what I love in mexico is the simple life, the food, and the religious atmosphere
3/16/12 6:03 A
SLIMTHICK2 hey , ain't that the same place "the rock" came from?
3/16/12 6:02 A
MASE72 love and respect germans, welcome
3/16/12 6:02 A
I'm originally from Palestine, I didn't live there ever because of the political situation, but what I know is on that land there is what deserves life... it land of all heaven religions, land of history, land of beauty also its people are amazing ♥
I'm living in United Arab Emirates, amazing country, there no words I can use to describe how amazing it is....the land of wonders
Fitness Minutes: (21,430)
19,221 3/16/12 5:59 A
3/16/12 5:57 A
MSCRISPIN welcome, can you tell us more about puertorico?
3/16/12 5:55 A
for the americans, you got a country that is famous in development in all the fields, respect your country and keep it :)
for the canadians, I would like to say that I really love your country because it is famous in its peaceful atmosphere, human rights and the beautiful environment you got there
3/16/12 5:50 A
thank you REBCCA for the valuable information, it is good to know all these things about your country from the smallest details to the biggest details respect to you and welcome
Fitness Minutes: (50,995)
7,192 3/16/12 5:29 A
*USA* and what's unique about this country is the eclectic city of Los Angeles, my hometown. and also fabulous Las Vegas. I love Vegas.
Fitness Minutes: (63,497)
10,962 3/16/12 12:43 A
Give up everything you love, and everything that tastes good = weight loss! Simple as that!
"Eating what stands on one leg (mushrooms and plant foods) is better than eating what stands on two legs (fowl), which is better than eating what stands on four legs (cows, pigs, and other mammals)"....... Chinese proverb "Food is not love, comfort, or an anxiety pill."
Fitness Minutes: (2,148)
3/15/12 11:39 P
Canada. and I guess we're a nation known for our peacekeeping
3/15/12 11:22 P
...Mexico!! one unique thing? uhmm... idk, everything is unique and beautiful here
- Danny :) Mexico City (CDT)
Fitness Minutes: (2,473)
2,088 3/15/12 11:14 P
the United States of America
Fitness Minutes: (70,096)
2,764 3/15/12 11:12 P
"Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.
1 Chronicles 28:20
3/15/12 10:38 P
Starting to like the new me! Waiting for my garden to come to life!
3/15/12 10:33 P
You can do what ever you want, if you are determine to do it .
Fitness Minutes: (92,313)
4,239 3/15/12 10:19 P
Fitness Minutes: (168,274)
21,124 3/15/12 10:18 P
I am from USA and some unique things are: 1) The United States is divided into 50 states. However state each varies in size considerably. The smallest state is Rhode Island with an area of just 1,545 square miles (4,002 sq km). By contrast the largest state by area is Alaska with 663,268 square miles (1,717,854 sq km).
2) Alaska has the longest coastline in the United States at 6,640 miles (10,686 km).
3) Bristlecone pine trees, believed to be some of the world's oldest living things, are found in the western United States in California, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. The oldest of these trees is in California. The oldest living tree itself is found in Sweden.
4) The only royal palace used by a monarch in the U.S. is located in Honolulu, Hawaii. It is the Iolani Palace and belonged to the monarchs King Kalakaua and Queen Lili'uokalani until the monarchy was overthrown in 1893. The building then served as the capitol building until Hawaii became a state in 1959. Today the Iolani Palace is a museum.
5) Because the major mountain ranges in the United States run in a north-south direction, they have a large impact on the climate of the country's various regions. The west coast for example has a milder climate than the interior because is moderated by its proximity to the ocean, whereas places like Arizona and Nevada are very hot and dry because they are on the leeward side of mountain ranges.
6) Although English is the most commonly spoken language used in the U.S. and is the language used in government, the country has no official language.
7) The tallest mountain in the world is located in the United States Mauna Kea, located in Hawaii, is only 13,796 feet (4,205 m) in altitude above sea level, however, when measured from the seafloor it is over 32,000 feet (10,000 meters) high, making it taller than Mount Everest (Earth's tallest mountain above sea level at 29,028 feet or 8,848 meters).
8) The lowest temperature ever recorded in the United States was at Prospect Creek, Alaska on January 23, 1971. The temperature was -80°F (-62°C). The coldest temperature in the contiguous 48 states was at Rogers Pass, Montana on January 20, 1954. The temperature there was -70°F (-56°C).
9) The hottest temperature recorded in the United States (and in North America) was in Death Valley, California on July 10, 1913. The temperature measured 134°F (56°C).
10) The deepest lake in the U.S. is Crater Lake located in Oregon. At 1,932 feet (589 m) it is the world's seventh deepest lake. Crater Lake was formed via snowmelt and precipitation that gathered in a crater created when an ancient volcano, Mount Mazama, erupted about 8,000 years ago.
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein
3/15/12 9:32 P
sparkpeople makes me feel like having a big family from all around the world but which country do you live in, and what is the unique thing in that country?
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.