There are 2 types of vitamin A. The one that can be toxic at high levels is found in meats, liver, supplement form, etc. It is very difficult to reach a danger level UNLESS you are eating pounds of liver daily or taking large doses of vitamin A supplements.
The other type of vitamin A is found in your colorful fruits and veggies. The body takes this form and converts it to the active vitamin A form if needed. Therefore larger amounts are NOT dangerous at all.
Hope that helps,
Fitness Minutes: (33,737)
22,207 12/13/13 12:50 A
I am always way over on vitamin A. I do not take a multi vitamin and I do not take any vitamin A supplements. This is just from the food I eat. I do eat carrots and sweet potatoes, but not every day. I am always getting a warning. Do you have this problem? Do you have any ideas?
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.