Author: Sorting Last Post on Top Message:
ELENGIL SparkPoints: (30,194)
Fitness Minutes: (10,379)
Posts: 843
4/12/13 5:35 P

Yeah, I can't do this. If I'm not careful, I can undo all my hard worked 80% in those 20% moments. Rather, I do my best to be 100%, understanding that a few slips here and there will not be catastrophic. But I do my best to pay attention to what I'm eating and how much and aim for my range 100% of the time.

MANDIETERRIER1 Posts: 14,109
4/12/13 5:32 P

I think that is a good ratio



Eat what you like and if someone comments, eat them too

Please read my blog

erinwroteablogyall.blogspot.com/2015
/04/modest-running-clothes.html


And my dogs have a blog

themandieandoliviashow.blogspot.com/
2015/03/when-i-needed-to-go-to-veterin
arian.html
SLASALLE SparkPoints: (181,398)
Fitness Minutes: (73,737)
Posts: 9,771
4/12/13 4:54 P

Good rule for real life. I try to go with 90/10 as long as I need to lose. Then it will be 80/20.

JAMIRBLAZE Posts: 1,135
4/12/13 4:46 P

This is what is sustainable for me and my weight loss. Sure, I could lose faster, but I may have given up at a weight that I was "comfortable with" (still 20 lbs overweight) rather than a healthy weight.

ITSJUSTME_LINDA Posts: 130
4/12/13 3:37 P

I do this.


~LINDA~

Kicking Type 2 Diabetes in the butt!

Highest Weight: 386
Current Weight: 270.4
Goal Weight: 165?

10/2013 - Joined the -100 Pound Club



Diabetics Winning the Battle Team's 2013 5% By Year End Challenge.

Starting 11/3 @ 273-5%=259.
Week 1 (11/10) -2.6=270.4
14 - 2.6 = 11.4 to go!

Joined SparkPeople 11/19/12
CILER11 Posts: 265
4/12/13 3:25 P

This is what I try to do to. So far it's really helped me, and I don't label foods "good" or "bad" any more.

MOTTSIE Posts: 181
4/12/13 8:32 A

80/20 is a great lifestyle. The idea of never having a brownie again frightens me!
If I think I "can't" have something, it just makes me want it more.


MONICAB67 Posts: 48
4/12/13 8:18 A

I LIKE THIS RULE! I TEND TO BE AN ALL OR NOTHING GIRL AND THAT DOESN'T WORK WELL.

CALLMECARRIE Posts: 1,598
4/12/13 8:11 A

It's probably mentally more healthy too in the long run. 100% being "good" is a little obsessive and probably just leads to a big crash. I was trying to do kind of a 90/10 rule, but it ends up being more like 80/20.

Edited by: CALLMECARRIE at: 4/12/2013 (08:12)
"I owe everything you see here to spaghetti."

-Sophia Loren
CMCOLE Posts: 2,667
4/12/13 7:24 A

As long as you never reverse it; you'll likely do well.
Keep up the good work

BUBBLEJ1 Posts: 2,979
4/12/13 6:19 A

I agree! If I do my best 90% of the time I let the other 10% of things slide. It has worked for me, and I'm never deprived.

~Jess~

There are no shortcuts. No magic bullets. No secret spells. What works is hard work, dedication, and a daily dose of chocolate.
VICKI2705 SparkPoints: (20,000)
Fitness Minutes: (9,958)
Posts: 14
4/11/13 5:39 P

Me too! I do not deprive myself :)

KKKAREN SparkPoints: (223,884)
Fitness Minutes: (89,331)
Posts: 11,912
4/11/13 5:13 P

I agree with this rule!

Karen
LORIVIOLA SparkPoints: (81,451)
Fitness Minutes: (41,445)
Posts: 1,420
4/11/13 4:31 P

i am discovering that if i am "good" most of the time (80) that the rest of the time (20) i dont have to worry about so much.

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
Page: 1 of (1)  




Other Diet and Nutrition Topics:

Topics: Last Post:
Sick, what to eat? 1/24/2014 3:52:52 PM
Help! Need new "Treat" foods.. 3/17/2014 10:26:23 AM
Wheat Germ? 5/17/2014 9:43:14 AM
Least Processed meat at Jimmy John's? 4/14/2014 3:46:13 PM
Dinner Ideas? 5/16/2014 4:58:23 PM