Author: Sorting Last Post on Top Message:
GYPSYGOTH SparkPoints: (94,939)
Fitness Minutes: (72,557)
Posts: 45,743
7/13/14 8:13 P

Yikes, what on earth is in a fat-free hot dog?!

Nothing wrong with fat. In fact, if you're going to eat simple carbs like a hot dog bun, you're better off with the fat to slow down how fast you turn it into sugar!

You could try the 80/20 rule... try to make good choices 80% of the time and allow small indulgences-- three bites of dessert, for example, some wine, etc.-- for the other 20%.

Good luck!

ARCHIMEDESII SparkPoints: (171,285)
Fitness Minutes: (251,865)
Posts: 24,786
7/4/14 1:54 P


If you're worried about overeating at a BBQ, one thing to do is pick a SMALL plate to eat off. The larger the plate, the more likely you are to over eat. So, try to pick a small plate and then be selective about what you eat.

If there are things like chips and dip, you don't need to eat those. Those are things you can buy any time. Did someone make homemade potato salad ? If so, have a small portion of something that is homemade and try to avoid anything prefab.

Having a hot dog or two won't make or break your healthy lifestyle. Do you eat hot dogs every single day ? Hopefully not. If you only eat hot dogs on the 4th of July, enjoy your hot dog or even a burger. Oh and if you do have a burger, make sure you add lots of fresh veggies like lettuce, onion and tomato.

Do watch any alcoholic beverages. One beer or mixed cocktail is okay, but if you keep drinking, those calories will add up fast. So, one beer or cocktail, then drink water weight a wedge of lime or lemon.

Mostly, have fun !! Even if you do eat little too much today, that doesn't make you a bad person or an unhealthy one. Try to be mindful of your portion sizes, but once again, if you overeat today, you just try to be more mindful next week.

If you were to eat right 5 out of 7 days this week, you'd still be doing way better than the average American.

NONONO54 SparkPoints: (17,615)
Fitness Minutes: (3,089)
Posts: 58
7/4/14 1:38 P

I don't know any tricks, but tracking everything I eat has helped me stay within my calorie range and make smarter choices. It has been a slow process for me, but I continue to make progress..1 pound at a time. I exercise more on the days I eat over my calorie range. I also keep a bottle of water with me at all times.

7/4/14 8:10 A

Being around all of the great food today is going to be so hard. Normally I just graze all day. I am committed to losing weight and don't want to fail on my third day in. I am starting off right by getting my water in and going for a walk before I leave the house. I have bought fat free hot dogs to eat so that will help a little but I am still worried. Any other tricks out there?

Page: 1 of (1)  

Other Panic! Button for Immediate Help Topics:

Topics: Last Post:
struggling 6/23/2014 2:45:11 PM
Scared to fail, AGAIN ..... 9/11/2014 1:21:28 AM
Help! My favorite shorts are snug!!!! 3/2/2015 1:21:18 PM
Stuck 3/9/2015 8:40:03 PM
Heading to bed 1/20/2015 4:13:15 PM