You can also freeze the leftover in some ice cube trays for making spritzers at a later date. Of course in my experience there is rarely any leftover.
"If it was easy, everybody would do it." -My Mom
Fitness Minutes: (1,907)
5/8/12 10:01 A
Sorry, Sleepyduck, but your cooking wine is past it's prime as well. Wine that is opened should be consumed within a couple of days (unless it is a dessert wine, like port, which has already maderized). If you want to cook with wine, a couple of weeks old is generally about as long as you want to go. Basically, if you wouldn't drink it, you shouldn't cook with it either. At least this gives you a good excuse to go wine shopping Pick up a bottle for you and one for the kitchen!
No, it will not be good to drink. However, it should be SAFE to consume, and may have turned to vinegar. Give it a sniff, and if it smells very sour, you may be able to use it like Balsamic vinegar. However, I'd be inclined to dump it down the drain. Next time you have a partially used bottle, throw the extra in the freezer within a week, and you can use it for cooking later on.
Voluntary Discomfort is the secret cornerstone of strength. We build our whole lives around increasing comfort and avoiding discomfort, and yet by doing so we are drinking a can of Weakness Tonic with every morning’s breakfast. ~Mr. Money Mustache 5K PR: 23:40 10K PR: 48:57 HM PR: 1:59:37 30K: 2:57:44
Fitness Minutes: (125)
79 4/22/12 2:01 P
If you opened it at Christmas it would be fine I think. I have a bottle of white wine I use for cooking and its been open at least 6 months and is still good.
I just wanted to know a general question about it. I am not much of a wine drinker, so I have no idea what to make of this. I opened a bottle of red wine at Christmas, hardly anyone drank any, I tucked it away, I was just clearing out my shelf of many mysterious drinks (beer, vodka, schnapps, etc, most I do drink). Anyways, since it's been open since Christmas day, is it still good to drink? It made my stopper get some green stuff on it, I am more familiuar to vodka, crown royal that it's still good to drink even years after it was opened, but wines for some reason, I don't know if it's like vodka or pop. Leave pop open long enough, it will go flat.
I wasn't sure, so I did dump it out, but still, if anyone has an opinion on this, it would be great.
225 to 175: Sunday, March 15th, 2009
175 to 150: Monday, Sept. 28th, 2009
150 to 125: got derailed.
175 to 150:
Yay for me!
Page: 1 of (1)
Other Recipes & Cooking General Discussion Topics:
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.