that phone needs to come apart you can get a small screwdriver at dollar tree in the eyeglass section . it will fit. then at least a week in a bag of rice .. there must be moisture in the phone. take the battery out and leave it out or you will short your phone out.. when the moisture starts to corrode the phones components..... seriously have saved half dozen phones this way , mom of 4 clumsy children.......
2/19/14 9:28 A
Praise rice baths! I took my phone out of the rice bowl after a little more than 24 hours in and phew, it works!
(I read one account of a phone "working" after getting wet but wouldn't re-charge so I was worried about that, but phew!)
Edited by: MAGNOLIA416 at: 2/19/2014 (09:28)
2/18/14 12:52 P
I was going for a long warm bath so brought my phone in case my Mom called. Dumb, I know...hopefully this stress will curb that bad habit!
Fitness Minutes: (291,988)
2/18/14 12:48 P
You should check your warranty. If the phone is less than a year old, any repair "might" be covered.
There is one catch. Because this is a common problem, many smart phone manufacturers will not cover water damage. But, it doesn't hurt to call and find out what is and isn't covered under your warranty.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm curious. why did you bring your cell phone into the bathroom with you ? I used to work in a building where people routinely talked on their cells when they were using the stalls. I never quite understood what was so important that couldn't wait until after you'd done your business. a friend of mine has done this to me. I can hear you !!
Not that that was what you're doing, but I have wondered why people bring their cell phones into places like their bathroom.
Edited by: ARCHIMEDESII at: 2/18/2014 (12:52)
Fitness Minutes: (11,285)
2/18/14 11:18 A
Easy to do! I went into a lake to swim with my phone in my shorts pocket. Not nice!! Mine never did work again, but sure wish it had. I was on vacation and had no rice with me. I laid it in the sun, but it did not help. If yours works, consider it ok.
If it were my phone and it activated, I'd assume it was okay.
2/18/14 8:56 A
Really, only $50 for that kind of repair? I can live with that instead of a $350 new phone. Thanks, I feel better.
I left it at home in the rice today. I feel awful that I couldn't open it up to dry the whole thing but I just don't own a screwdriver that small. Guess I'll buy one today!
Fitness Minutes: (6,555)
2/18/14 8:09 A
Rice was the right move, though activating it before you dried it out might have fried something like the speaker or microphone. In my area there are repair shops that will do basic smartphone repairs (screens, speakers, etc) for about $50. So if it doesn't work, you can try that route but hopefully the circuits aren't already fried...
2/17/14 10:49 P
Hi...I'm an idiot I know. I dropped my smart phone in the bath tub. It was a split second before I pulled it out. I dried it off with a towel and I activated the screen....it looked fine. But I powered down and put it in a bowl of rice and I'll leave it there overnight.
I can't open it to dry out the insides because it requires a super-small screwdriver which I don't own (T5 Torx). I'm nervous! I don't want to have to buy a new one, I just got this one in August.
If the screen looks normal right after the water, does that mean it's ok?
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.