Thanks for the tips. One of the things I am finding is my own self through this journey. I am changing every part of my life! Image, body, mind, just everything. That means overhauling my wardrobe. These tips will help me to keep the right things and get rid of the wrong ones.
I've learned a lot from watching YouTube videos. You just have to go through them and make notes if they are good, and pass over stuff that isn't of interest since some of them are really for "nighclub" and not for regular day.
As an Image consultant I would like to add some comments about how to choose correct colors in makeup and clothing, and also how to dress for your body type.
1. All of us have RED, YELLOW AND BROWN IN OUR SkIN TONE. DEPENDING UPON HOW MUCH OF THESE COLORS WE HAVE OUR SKIN TONES FALL INTO TWO CATAGORIES. WARM TONED AND COOL TONED.
2. WARM TONED SKIN HAS MORE YELLOW IN IT.
3. COOL TONED SKIN HAS EITHER NO YELLOW IN IT OR VERY SMALL AMOUNTS OF YELLOW.
THEREFORE IF YOUR SKIN TENDS TO BE COOL TONED, Colors that appear to be mixed with too much yellow will reflect the yellow on your face and drain its color.
4.Cool toned women should wear makeup and clothing that has little or no yellow in it.Varying shades of PINK instead of ORANGE. Browns and Blues with little or no YELLOW.Place the garment up to your face and see if it adds color or drains color from your face.
5. Warm toned women should wear colors that have more yellow in them such as Apricot instead of Pink. Yellow Green instead of Hunter Green and so on.
Everyone can wear any color, but the trick is to pick colors that enhance the basic tone and color of your skin.
1. If you have a long neck a V neckline will make it look longer. A rounded neck or one about 2 inches from the chin will make a long neck appear shorter creating more balance to the face and body as a whole.The same with necklaces. A shorter neck will look longer with longer necklaces. The opposite is also true.
2. Wearing Patterns depends upon the size of your body.
1. If you are petite a small pattern will flatter you.
2. If you are average a medium size pattern will faltter you.
3. If you have a large frame and are tall a Large Print will add balance and flatter your body type.
FOCAL POINTS consist of lines in clothing and accessories that can balance your body type.As an example: The hemline of a top is were the eye stops. So if you choose a garment that stops at the widest part of your body you will appear heavier.
1. If you are top heavy stay away from large horizontal lines that will make you appear larger on top. Instead aim for vertical lines.
2.Clothing has different types of Focal Points. Buttons, Trim, Size of Lapels, Seams and more.
Adding too many pieces of jewelry can detract from the one focal point that adds balance to your image.As an example; If you wear a Focal Point to bring attention to a part of your body you can add a scarf in a beatiful color or a piece of jewelry. The eye will focus on that Focal Point.
If you were wearing a double breasted jacket the buttons would be the focal point.
Proportion and Body Type.
1.If your face is small a very bouffant hair style will create an imbalance between your face and head. If your face is larger the opposite is true.
2. If your legs are long and you want them to appear shorter wear stockings in a nude color. if your skirt hemline is colored. The opposite is also true. If you want to lengthen your legs wear stockings in the same color as the hem of the skirt/dress.
If the length from your ankle to your toes is long a shoe with a strap over the instep will make the foot appear shorter.
4. If the length of your ankle to your toes is short a shoe with no straps across the instep will make your foot appear longer.
1. If your thighs bulge you need to waer pants that fall from the waist and don't hug the leg.
2. A dark color pant will make your hips and legs appear slimmer.
Dressing and Makeup covers a wide variety of information. I would suggest that you read a book about dressing and makeup in your local book store or even Utube the topic. You can see how a manicure should be done, hair can be blow dried and just about any subject relating to Image that interests you. However, some of the videos are better than others.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.