Sesame seed, for instance. I'm entering a recipe for Baba Ghanoush, I'm adding ingredients, I look for sesame seed. There are hundreds of sesame seed rolls, bagels and buns but no plain sesame seed. The online USDA nutrition database has sesame seeds, whole, dried. I start to create a new ingredient, and I stop. This is the twenty-first century and I'm doing a digital format conversion by retyping. That is not the way. What is the way? Is there a better way?
Later: Uh, oh, there's a little quirk I didn't know about. Bug, feature, whatever. If I say I want all words to match, the search is strict: seed won't find seeds. If I say I want any word to match, the search is loose: sesame seed finds sunflower seeds even though neither word exactly matches. It also finds the sesame seeds I needed, in the USDA database that I didn't think was being used. What they hey, whatever works. Happy New Year, everybody.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.