Depression can come from your past with the people in it. Anxiety is not fun either. I had many years of both.
I worked with a natural path and my doctor to find what I needed to change.
1. Change the way you eat. 2. Change your sleeping patterns and stay on a schedule with a slight change when needed. 3. Make sure to get 8-9 hours of sleep. 4. Sometimes taking a antidepressant only for sleep 30- 1 hour before you are for sure going to bed. Check with doctor what is best for you. 5. I have had made some friend changes and either I see them less or not at all for a reason. (drama or just bad news or bad habits that you are now grown out of).
6. Church for whatever religion is a good peaceful and loving place. Also good if you are in a relationship. Find groups that relate to your journey right now.
7. Find where you like to work out home or otherwise and set a good time. You can set times for your breaks or lunches as well. Keep moving.
8. Schedule time alone for a book or a great movie.
9. Just an idea you can go room to room and go through your old stuff or new. But maybe needs a positive updating or donating somethings. Redecorate or paint something that will spice up the places you see each day.
10. Kitchen make over. Food or pots and pans ect. This will work when you are making your meals and a nice place to be. I like putting on a CD or radio while in the kitchen and maybe a candle?
Some people don't eat at the table as much these days. Maybe bring that to life with flowers and a new table cloth. Making a happy place for everyone to come eat and share the days news ect.
Well those are some thoughts to keep busy and try a clean slate.
Good luck to you!!!