getting my butt out of bed to go to weight lifting class. using my weight lifting room at home. using my lose it app to track my food and workouts. having Jesus as my running partner on the treadmill. good walking shoes.
2/2/14 6:35 P
Alongside of SP some weight loss tools for me are:
#1. Daily bowing my heart before God & asking for His help in becoming healthy. #2. Making several posters for motivation/inspiration and having them in almost every room of the house. #3. Writing about my successes and areas that challenge me. #4. As before, basic home & self equipment (bands, balls, dbs, sneakers, bra ...) #5. Keeping good stuff in the house and keeping temptations out of the house.
Fitness Minutes: (0)
306 12/29/13 10:16 P
1. Only having healthy foods in the house and no trigger food. 2. Learning to cook tasty and healthy and limit eating out. 3. Stress walk instead of stress eat 4. Know the calories of foods you eat and measure 5. Don't go hungry or feel deprived
12/29/13 10:04 P
1-Treadmill 2-Exercise DVD's for strength training (Personally, I like Jillian Michaels) 3-Free weights 4-Journaling food, exercise and running 5-Supportive partner - but you can't use your Christmas money and buy him! :)
Fitness Minutes: (38,136)
12/29/13 7:36 P
For me, it would be...
1. Fitness Blender 2. Workout dvds (Jillian Michaels, yoga, etc.) 3. My dumbbell set 4. A good sports bra 5. The right shoes
Fitness Minutes: (82,255)
12/29/13 6:48 P
Well the ones I listed are the top 5 on my list but I workout 5 days out of 7 wherein I spin, swim and run. I also like to do Yoga. These are all at the gym.
Let me clarify. I didn't mean excluding SparkPeople. I meant things you use in conjunction with the SparkPeople website (like exercise DVD's, weights, FitBit, scales, etc). I know we all use SP or else we wouldn't be posting here.
Thank you all for your suggestions. I bought a new food scale today and I've ordered a weighted fitness hula hoop. Can't wait to start using it.
12/29/13 2:51 P
I can't imagine excluding *any* aspect of SparkPeople but here we go:
#1. Measuring tools ( food scale, cups, spoons ...) #2. Basic fitness equipment ( resistance bands, stability ball, dumbbells, good sneakers ) #3. Computer ( to find exercise /recipe videos and helpful health articles ... ) #4. Enlisting friends /family to help me stay accountable #5. Gym membership ( & making use of the same at minimum 2x weekly )
Fitness Minutes: (108,183)
12/29/13 8:41 A
1. food scale & measuring cups
2. nutrition tracker
3. Pilates DVD, mat, and workout circle
4. jump rope
5. resistance training (weights, bands, machines, etc.)
12/29/13 7:13 A
1. Spreadsheet with weight, measurements and goal dates. Helps me to stay focused and on track.
My elliptical trainer, at least 30 minutes 4x a week.
Hand weights, 3lb, 5lb and 10lb
Different DVD's, depending on the day and time available varies between P90x, Jillian Michaels and JNL fusion.
Walking everyday during work lunchtime.
Fitness Minutes: (173,907)
54,569 12/29/13 6:25 A
Online Now • ))
to start with SP Then Step tracker Treadmill Aerobic step and a few other things Oh, and two pair of trainers
Journal (I've been journalling every day for the first time ever, and it really helps me stay on track!) Membership to a 24-hour gym (I work nights) Xbox 360 Kinect games (to trick myself into exercising!) Walking/biking trail (less than a mile from my house--love it!) My smartphone apps (SparkPeople tracker, Runkeeper, Zombies Run!, Redy Gym Log, Vitogo, and music)
I have everything I need and that make it all possible, so I list some of the greatest I found.
1. Workouts by TV and Computer (VHS, DVD, OnDemand through Cable, and YouTube) - I love The FIRM personally. 2. Brand New Water Bottle - Just screams DRINK DRINK DRINK! GET UR BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! 3. Books!! Knowledge is Power as they say... My recommendations are "Then Just Stay Fat..." by Shannon Sorrels, "For Dummies" and "Complete Idiots" Guides (Nutrition, dieting, fitness, weight traning, clean eating), and Healthy Cookbooks 4. Dumbbells - don't really need much else. 5.A Vision Board - I use a magnetic one with cut outs for magazines and sayings from the internet.
Fitness Minutes: (31,185)
2,627 12/28/13 10:19 A
Well, you specified not using SP... but then you amended with the SP Activity Tracker. So I'll have to follow that and say the Nutrition Tracker here is my most useful tool. After that... food scale measuring devices (spoons, cups) and portion savers slow cooker immersion blender computer - for researching healthy nutrition!
If you could pick five "must have" weight loss tools for 2014, other than using SparkPeople, what would they be? (Spark Activity Tracker, FitBit, exercise DVD, etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.