Spark has many helps for new folks. Here are some tips:
1. Set up a personal page. This is your jumping off space for your Spark experience. Your page allows other SparkPeople to find you and give you support and encouragement.
2. Join a team. Interested in a specific eating plan? There's probably a team for that! Have a hobby or like a special TV show like Biggest Losers? Look for a team! Teams offer lots of information about Spark and a quick way to get involved.
3. Go to your nutrition and fitness sections from your points or start tabs. If you're not sure what eating plan you want, Spark will ask a few questions and create one for you to try. Same goes for fitness!
The Spark experts are very helpful - you might do the free trial coaching to get you started and see if coaching will work for you!
Hope this helps you reach your goals!
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. - C. S. Lewis
Co-leader Writers Team Co-leader 12 Weeks to Walking Team
Fitness Minutes: (206,702)
52,230 2/14/14 2:36 A
WELCOME TO SPARK!!! Congrats on taking the first step into changing your life to a more healthier one by joining the site. Spark is filled with amazing people that will motivate, support and encourage you on your journey. There is so much to learn and discover here, take this one day at a time.
A couple of things I would like to suggestion to make you Spark experience a great one.
1. Put together your own Spark page. This is a great way to communicate with other members and build relationships that will support and motivate you. You can do this by going to the START page and the green section has something about your Sparkpage.
2. Make goals for yourself. Each month I make a list of what I want to accomplish that month and break them down to smaller goals to work with week by week. This way the BIG picture doesn't seem so big.
3. Join Spark teams. There are tons of teams here and you will be able to find ones that fit to what you like or want in a team.
The key to success here is to be active and you've already started by joining. You will find that everyone is willing to help you out if you need it. Spark friends are here for support, motivation and encouragement. Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle! Again, welcome to the SP family! *~ Paula *~
Paula in Denver, Colorado
"You were given life; it is your duty...to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight." (Elizabeth Gilbert)
"Learning to live in the present moment is part of the path of joy." (Sarah Ban Breathnach)
"Think for a minute about what makes you fabulous and how you can celebrate it." (Laura Mercier)
Proud Team Leader of Determined Divas!
Fitness Minutes: (1,256)
632 2/13/14 6:03 P
Hello CBARCH!!! Welcome and good luck!! You will find a lot of support on this site =) You have a great attitude!!
Fitness Minutes: (6,360)
618 2/13/14 4:11 P
I'm pretty new to this site. I started shortly after the new year to lose weight by making over all lifestyle changes. In the past when I graduated college I lost 65 lbs by doing the Atkins plan. I kept it off for almost 5 years. The weight slowly crept back on over the next ten years. I let being married and 4 kids become my excuse as to why I had gained all my weight back and then some. I tried going back to my old Atkins ways recently but it was so restrictive and I couldn't stay with it for any appreciable length of time. I quickly realized that what had worked for me in my mid 20's was definitely not going to work for me now. It was time for a change. I've been using this site for a little over a month now and I am already down 15 lbs. I was amazed! I was losing weight and eating things I enjoy! I already feel like I'm a more responsible eater. Keeping track of everything I eat really helps me keep on track. My mood has changed for the better, I have more energy to play with my kids, and I feel that reaching my goal of losing 60-70 lbs is something I can achieve. I've been exercising again and I really feel great! 45 more lbs to go, but I am in no rush. I put no pressure on myself, and know I can't accomplish it overnight. I do this is for me, I do this is for my kids, and I do this is for my beautiful wife who is always there to love and support me. One step at a time right!!
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.