3. Fav. fast food burger - tied between Roy Rogers Double R Bar Burger, Wendy's double, and Burger King. Why? They bring three different tastes to the table.
Fitness Minutes: (48,629)
30 4/20/10 7:35 P
1. My ultimate burger: Medium rare 1/4 lb 80/20 Beef (I like the flavor from the fat, not healthy I know)seasoned with garlic powder, fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt, White cheddar, Sauteed onions mushrooms and jalepenos , a fresh tomato from the garden, mayo, and homemade steak sauce.
2. Fav Restaurant Burger: Either the Red Robin 5 alarm burger, or their Santa Fe Burger
3. Big Mac, I don't really know why because the amount of unhealthyness and lame beef patties disgust me, yet I cannot resist it.
(Totally forgot that on my Ultimate home burger there's Bacon too)
2. Five Guys Cheeseburger with mushrooms, grilled onion, and jalapenos
Fitness Minutes: (11,405)
130 4/2/10 3:43 A
The one from Red Robin w/ the egg!
Fitness Minutes: (37,607)
823 4/1/10 2:47 P
1. When it comes to burgers I'm pretty much a minimalist. Bacon, Cheese, pickle, ketchup. Medium well is best 2. Favorite is a local place called JJ's. Their double cheeseburger is fantastic with just the right amount of grease and cheese fuseing the two patties into one. 3. Favorite chain is the Steak 'n Shake Frisco Melt with a side of frisco sauce (ketchup & 1000 island) for dipping the fries!
Fitness Minutes: (31,721)
367 4/1/10 1:03 P
Anybody see that Matt's Bar in Minneapolis and its famous Jucy Lucy burger, my favorite, was featured on the Travel Channel's new show, Food Wars, this week? :)
Fitness Minutes: (15,604)
463 3/12/10 11:11 A
I love Red Robin. Whoever thought an egg on a burger would be delicious was a pure genius!
Fitness Minutes: (6,905)
94 3/11/10 2:14 A
And the food porn gauntlet is thrown down by CobraCommander! You reeeeaaally didn't have to go there, man! But, since you did... Muahahaha!
1. Start by freshly grinding sirloin and chuck together 50/50. Mix in a bit of minced garlic, fresh cracked peppercorn and kosher salt without 'overworking' the meat. Drop this on a mesquite spiked grill along with some thickly sliced, well peppered bacon. After flipping once and the bacon is done, put blue cheese onto the burgers and lay the bacon over the top of that. Also, drop a split kaiser roll (lightly buttered) face-down on the grill. Once the cheese has melted satisfactorily, spread a mix of mayo, sour cream, minced garlic and finely chopped pickled jalapeno onto the bottom bun and drop the burger onto it. Slather on some fresh guacamole with loads of diced tomato and onion mixed into it, add the top bun, and consume with an ice cold Fat Tire beer.
2. The 'Rami Burger from Alexander's Steakhouse in SF. Why? It's a burger... with pastrami (!!!) and Gruyere!
3. As a kid, it was the Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack-in-the-Box. I haven't had one in many years, but I remember them. Of course, they should come with an angioplasty discount coupon. I'm truly happy the nearest one is over two hours away. My most recent favorite was probably Culver's Triple Bacon Deluxe Butterburger with cheese.
I now know what my 'cheat' meal this weekend will be. Fire up the grill!
Fitness Minutes: (61,829)
168 3/10/10 2:11 P
1. Basically well done on the grill (I supposed I didn't really have to say that last part). Cheddar cheese, little salt and pepper. Maybe a hint of catsup/ketchup and mustard. Juice must run down my arm and drip off my elbow, that's why.
2. Whisky River BBQ burger at Red robin. Beef, BBQ Sauce, fried onions, what's not to love?
3. Culvers Cheddar Butterburger. Again, beef, cheese, butter, what's not to love?
1. First and foremost---20% fat ground beef...none of that 93 % lean crap! Season with a little Montreal seasoning. Second-grill it! Whole grain bun-toasted. Add a shredded cheddar, avocado, bacon (crispy), a little mayo, raw red onions, lettuce and tomato. Perfection. 2. The chili burger at Red Robin. Sloppy, eat with a fork mess. 3. A double from Five Guys, with the hand cut fries. Beautiful!
1. Medium Well hickory smoked char grilled burger. With Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce, lettuce, and tomato.
2. Favorite Restaurant burger would have to be a double beefburger from frisco freeze in Tacoma. They've been using the same grill for over 50 years so it's seasoned perfectly they come with mayo, lettuce, pickle relish, and onions. I get it without onions.
3. Favorite Fast food burger I would have to say is the in-n-out double double without cheese. Everytime I make a trip to cali I make sure to make at least 1 trip to in-n-out. I think it has to do with how fresh their ingredients are. I'm just glad I don't live within 700 miles of one so that it's a rare occurrence :)
Grilled over charcoal, medium rare, sharp cheddar-two slices not one, grilled hatch chili, grilled onions, salsa and barbecue sauce, all on a grilled buttered bun.
Fave restaurant burger, is at Steaksmith here in Colorado Springs, its called the Bar Burger. Huge and tasty. Made from the scraps of aged beef and served on a large whole wheat roll with green leaf, raw onions and cheddar.
Fast food is the Double Western Burger at Carl's Jr.with a side of onion rings.
Grilled over charcoal between med rare and medium with grilled salami, lettuce tomato garlic mayo and onions on an home made asiago bagel.
Restaurant I'd go with the the Crimson Chicken's bacon guac burger.
Fast food is Wendy's new bacon blue.
Thanks a friggin lot. Now I'm hungry.
Edited by: HAMNKING at: 3/8/2010 (10:52)
Fitness Minutes: (7,938)
111 3/7/10 8:08 P
1. Medium-rare burger, grilled on a flat-top instead of a charcoal grill. Sharp cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, mayo, ketchup, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, and mustard. Bun NOT toasted. Kosher dill pickle spears on the side.
2. Here in Chicago we have a restaurant in Lincoln Park called RJ Grunt's. Best burgers in town, in my opinion. Their Gruntburger has bacon, bleu cheese, and some other form of deliciousness I can't remember (haven't been there in a while). Served in a big basket with house-made potato chips and pickle spears.
3. There's nothing like a Wendy's burger for a fast food burger. I used to order a TRIPLE and enjoy every second of it. The never-frozen beef is awesome, plus fresh-cut tomatoes, onions, lettuce, etc. and their buns are great. It's only 1030 calories.
Cobra, everything you wrote sounds delicious, and now I'm hungry.
Fitness Minutes: (31,721)
367 3/7/10 3:12 P
Make a post that covers the following three points AND which comments on the last person to list their burger picks, to keep the conversation going.
1. Your favorite burger style and toppings, no limit (money or room) and why.
2. Your favorite restaurant burger and why.
3. Your favorite fast food burger and why.
1. Well-Done Burger with toppings: American cheese, sweet onions, tomatoes, fresh spinach, ground pepper, and light mayo all on a whole-grain, whole wheat grilled bun.
2. The Jucy Lucy cheeseburger, famous in Minneapolis, has bubbling-hot cheese in the middle of the patty and it's always a treat. I also like the Bourbonzola Burger at Rock Bottom Brewery with Jim Beam Bourbon sauce and bleu cheese crumbles.
3. Despite doing my best to avoid fast food, I enjoy the new Blue and Bacon Burger at Wendy's, mostly for the caramelized onions and being the first fast food burger I remember which has blue cheese crumbles on it.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.