Eating on the run is tough. Can I just say I don't buy the I don't have time part though? We most often do find time for what we consider essential, and then important to us. All of us are busy and lead active lives. That is the state of the society we live in.
Finding time to eat healthy needs to be moved up on our priority list is we are going to have a successful healthy lifestyle journey. Here's a few ways i've changed my life so that I can eat healthy on the run:
1. I keep an excel spreadsheet on my computer for my grocery list and the first column is the location of the item I need in the store - like dairy, bread isle, canned goods etc. I also have a column for what the food item is for if it belongs to a specific recipe. I can sort the list by location, print it off, and then zip through the store because I'm not looking for anything or back tracking to some other part of the store because I forgot something. I'm also cutting out impulse buying since I try to stay focused on what is on the list.
2. I often grill a huge batch of chicken on the weekends and package it up for meals during the week, part of which can go in the freezer.
3. I keep things that travel well in my purse like apples, fiber bars, baggies of trail mix, etc.
4. I used to keep a stock of items at my office in my overhead bin and in my drawer so that if I was in a rush I had things that I could eat for lunch already there.
5. I keep a small cooler in my pantry that I can load up if I'm going to be out of the house all day.
These things might now work for you, but what I hope it does is give you some ideas that you can spring board off of to create your own workable list.
Best wishes for successful healthy eating! PS...I do eat out but I'm cautious and review menu options on websites or phone apps before I order. Make the best choice you can in the moment you are there.