HOT AND SPICY ROUND ROAST Makes 16 (3-ounce) servings
1/2 cup ketchup 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1/3 cup water 1 1/2 tablespoons honey 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce 3 pound beef round roast
1. In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, water, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper sauce.
2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to thicken slightly. Cool thoroughly.
3. Place roast in a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour cooked marinade over roast. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning roast occasionally.
5. Remove roast from marinade and place in a roasting pan; reserve marinade under refrigeration.
6. Insert meat thermometer and bake at 325°F until well done (170°F) – about 2 1/2 hours.
7. Remove roast from oven and let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
8. Place reserved marinade in small saucepan. To kill possible bacteria from the raw beef, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Serve over sliced roast.
Beef Round Roast Menu Ideas • Use sliced beef to make cold or hot sandwiches. • Cubed beef can be used in casseroles, soups, and stews. • Cut beef into strips and use in fajitas and beef fried rice. Add diced roast beef to an omelet along with mushrooms, onions, and spinach. • Mix shredded beef with prepared barbecue sauce and heat. Serve on soft sandwich buns. • Add strips of beef to green salads. • Add small pieces of beef to a seasoned spaghetti sauce. • Combine finely diced or shredded roast beef with chopped onion and diced potatoes; then scramble with eggs.
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories 210 Calories from Fat 106 Total Fat 11.8 g Saturated Fat 4.4 g Cholesterol 67 mg Sodium 156 mg Total Carbohydrate 4 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Sugar 2 g Protein 25 g Vitamin A 8 RE Vitamin C 2 mg Calcium 11mg Iron 3.0 mg
Food & Nutrition Service, USDA
Fitness Minutes: (292)
9 5/1/11 1:07 A
I am looking for a good recipe for spicy hot roast beef. Perhaps something to make mexican. Low in calories.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.