Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

Message Boards
FORUM:   Diet and Nutrition

Food Allergies

Click here to read our frequently asked Diet and Nutrition questions.

Search the
Message Boards:
Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

Author: Message: Sort First Post on Top

Posts: 2,667
12/22/12 7:49 A

Dietitian Becky had it correct.
You do need to seek the input of a specialist, though

SparkPoints: (23,353)
Fitness Minutes: (15,480)
Posts: 1,419
12/21/12 9:22 A

Hi my name is melanie Louise Jackson aka (Grease31),

I know that i am, allergic to Seafood eg, Cockles & Muscles i, have had these in, Seafood Platters 3 from, Morrisons & 1 from, Sainsbury's these always make, me very very ill.

I am also allergic, to Peanuts & Peanut, Oil which is used, to make (Earex Ear Drops,) these have made both, my Ears very very, sore & very very, Painfull 2 almost 2, the point where the.

Pain has been that , bad & very very, severe that it has, made me cry &, very very unhappy 2. emoticon emoticon emoticon

Posts: 26,573
12/20/12 7:22 P

You should definately seek the counseling of a dietitian. Much depends on the type test you had done. Some of these "blood tests" do not mean that you have to avoid the food completely. Or did you have a skin prick type test. There is usually an elimination diet that is the next step to determine your needs and specific foods to adjust in your diet.

Dietitian Becky

SparkPoints: (139,109)
Fitness Minutes: (147,391)
Posts: 14,834
12/20/12 3:49 P

sounds familiar, I'm got a gluten, lactose, soy and nut intolerances (the soy and nut one are actually harder to manage then the gluten and lactose since so many items out there are made with soy - which is blasted annoying!

I agree with other's seeing a dietician who can help you work out a deal that will help you adapt to whats going on is a good idea, its possible that its not an allergy but a intolerance which if so in time can for some disappear or tolerances build up for small amounts.

There is a group here on SP for Allergic Eating, I'm a member of the group (though I don't post much on the group).

Posts: 2,801
12/20/12 3:33 P

You really need to see a dietician. They will be able to come up with a balanced eating plan for you.

Sorry to hear about all the allergies!

Posts: 16,001
12/20/12 3:07 P

The doctor who did your allergy testing can refer you to a dietician.

Posts: 198
12/20/12 3:03 P

I just learned I'm allergic to wheat, barley, rye, corn, buckwheat, oats, and all tree nuts. I already couldn't eat fruit fresh or canned, and I'm lactose intolerant. I'm not struggling to data healthy. I'm struggling to eat.

Page: 1 of (1)  


Diet Resources: p90x women | p90x nutrition plan | p90x exercise program
x Lose 10 Pounds by October 28! Get a FREE Personalized Plan