Fitness Minutes: (2,404)
27 8/9/13 7:32 P
Sweet Acidopholus milk
8/5/13 6:54 P
Thank you all SO MUCH!
Fitness Minutes: (15,360)
9,707 8/4/13 9:02 P
Eating/drinking some kind of probiotic usually helps mine. I haven't gotten them in a long time, but I used to get them when I was super stressed as a teenager. Kefir, yogurt, or buttermilk. All helped.
Swishing with listerine hurts like a bugger, but that helps too.
8/4/13 7:11 P
Yup - I get them. The key for me is to avoid stress and a poor diet. I usually get them when I'm stressed or overtired and they've taken as much as ten days to go away. Stay away from acidic foods - orange juice, pasta sauce, etc., if you have them, and believe it or not, chocolate, too. A huge thing that helped me was switching my toothpaste to a brand that does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Try Sensodyne - this has reduced the intensity of my sores and has helped to reduce the number of days I have them. You can also try using hydrogen peroxide applied directly to the sore with a q-tip. That helps with some of the pain.
Some people swear by apple cider vinegar. Take a Q-tip, dip it in ACV, and dab it on the canker sore a couple of times a day. My canker sores used to last around a week, but using ACV on it keeps it down to around 3 days.
Rinse your mouth with antibacterial mouthwash often..cranberry juice eases pain and also helps heal the canker sores....also if you moisten a regular tea bag and out it directly on the canker sore it dry out the sore...Are you under stress? Yes, stress can cause them too.
8/4/13 8:35 A
Assuming it's a canker sore (these are usually IN the mouth and can be caused by an irritant (braces, broken/ jagged tooth, acidic foods, maybe a weakened immune system) and not a cold sore (usually on the lip/ outside the mouth, and caused by a virus-- which makes them contagious so don't be kissing on anyone!).... I'd suggest avoiding acidic foods-- oranges, tomatoes etc. Or anything else that seems to irritate it. Spicy foods, alcohol, mouthwash. Canker sores usually clear up within a few days.
8/4/13 7:31 A
My best solution would be to rinse/gargle with salt water (make it yourself; you don't need an ocean) until it's gone.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.