My grandmother died of drinking too much water. Her heart stopped. She had a UTI and was trying to drink a lot of water to flush it out. Most people don't take it seriously but yes, drinking too much water can most certainly kill you.
Some people worry that they could be drinking too much water. Water intoxication results when a dehydrated person drinks too much water without the accompanying electrolytes. You usually need to drink a large volume of water in a very short period of time to be in danger of this, which is why it's not common. If you drink 8 cups throughout the day, you should be fine.
Everyone's needs are different and dependent on several factors such as: your weight, how much you exercise, how many water-rich foods you eat, the amount of muscle mass you have, the weather (such as heat and humidity) and more. Eight cups a day is still a good goal for the average person to aim for. The best way to find out how much you need is to check the color of your urine. It should look like you squeezed a lemon in it. If it's much darker, try drinking a little more water. www.sparkpeople.com/community/ask_the_expe rts.asp?q=81
Fitness Minutes: (85,429)
2/3/13 11:19 P
Thanks I will look into it
Fitness Minutes: (88,448)
10,805 2/3/13 11:00 P
Somewhere on Spark, there's a calculation about how much you weigh and how much water you're supposed to drink based on your weight.
Fitness Minutes: (14,363)
9,698 2/3/13 10:23 P
Yes, you can. It's difficult for adults, but drinking too much water can cause electrolyte imbalances, and a condition called "water intoxication", or "hyponatremia".
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.