Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

Message Boards
FORUM:   Diet and Nutrition

Blood test results

Click here to read our frequently asked Diet and Nutrition questions.

Search the
Message Boards:
Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

Author: Message: Sort First Post on Top

Posts: 2,646
10/7/11 7:46 A

My husband sometimes gets above normal readings for platelets.
The doctor isn't concerned.

SparkPoints: (35,936)
Fitness Minutes: (66,181)
Posts: 7,159
10/7/11 12:20 A

I ALSO agree return to the doctor...

Edited by: REDSHOES2011 at: 10/7/2011 (00:26)

SparkPoints: (6,068)
Fitness Minutes: (1,795)
Posts: 34
10/6/11 11:09 A

I like the idea of donating my platelets and hadn't thought of that. I definitely will ask my doctor if it's okay. Thanks

Also, thanks for all the replies and I guess I should have included more info. I have been in email contact with my doctor and she has ordered a repeat of the test which I'll have done on Friday. I was checking the boards because often someone who has experienced it will have valuable information that I can ask my doctor about. Unfortunately our doctors tend to diagnose through their own experience with other patients and this doesn't always allow them to think outside the box for a natural remedy. I'm all about diet and lifestyle changes to fix the problem before medication is added.

Edited by: MONTEJULIE at: 10/6/2011 (11:14)

Posts: 1,661
10/5/11 5:39 P

My immediate thought is, 'What does your doctor say?'

If it's a benign condition (googling 'high platelet count,' it does seem possible), ask your doctor if you are a good candidate for platelet donation at the Red Cross. They always need donors - for people who need platelets, such as some who undergo chemotherapy treatments. Might as well make good use of your abundance if it's nothing that is significant to your health!

Edited by: ALGEBRAGIRL at: 10/5/2011 (17:40)

Posts: 16,017
10/5/11 11:41 A

"I have googled it and found out what it could be indicative of "

How about calling your doctor instead of self-diagnosing via the internet?

Posts: 1,405
10/5/11 11:31 A

The worst thing anyone can do when something seems a bit off at first is try to self'll almost always be wrong and end up worrying over nothing at best and treating yourself incorrectly at worst. Call the doctor who ordered the blood work and ask if that is bad and if so what you can do about it.

Posts: 1,907
10/5/11 11:07 A

What to do about this (if anything) will depend upon the magnitude of the change and the underlying cause and there are many causes for an increased platelet count. Your doctor truly is your best resource here.

Edited by: LOVE4KITTIES at: 10/5/2011 (11:50)

Posts: 13,646
10/5/11 10:22 A

Make an appointment with your doctor and find out what they think about this.

Edited by: MANDIETERRIER1 at: 10/5/2011 (10:22)

Posts: 1,145
10/5/11 5:14 A

These questions are best answered by your doctor.

SparkPoints: (6,068)
Fitness Minutes: (1,795)
Posts: 34
10/5/11 1:30 A

I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten blood test results back that revealed an elevated platelet count? Mine was 553. The normal range is 130-400. I have googled it and found out what it could be indicative of but I am looking for other people's experiences with it. I am also looking for a natural remedy if anyone is aware of anything.

Thanks so much for any info you may have.

Page: 1 of (1)  


Diet Resources: push jerk exercise | push jerk video | dumbbell push jerk
x Lose 10 Pounds by November 1! Get a FREE Personalized Plan