Author: Sorting Last Post on Top Message:
CJGODESS101 SparkPoints: (30,781)
Fitness Minutes: (9,224)
Posts: 611
2/19/14 11:09 A

I would also recommend going to a good shoe store and get a shoe for working out that will help you. I had to add insoles to my workout shoes because my feet and knees were sore after a good cardio workout.

You may need to see a physical therapist to assist with working your muscles to build strength to begin a regular strength training workout. I also recommend trying some yoga to help stretch your muscles.

VWMOMMY SparkPoints: (9,888)
Fitness Minutes: (5,930)
Posts: 296
2/18/14 7:25 P

I very much concur. See your doctor and ask for a referral to a physical therapist. PT's are generally much more 'practical-minded' than ortho docs in my experience. After going round and round with orthos regarding my knees in my 20's it took a PT less then 60 seconds to notice that I had flat arches. None of the 4 or 5 orthos that I had seen had thought of that. After some orthotic arch supports I rarely have problems with them now.

2/18/14 10:13 A

I'm sorry to hear you are having such pain. I agree to talk with your doctor and maybe get referred to a physical therapist. I can say that I had runner's knee and my doctor recommended inserts for my shoes and no more barefoot dancing! It's really made a difference for me, allowing me to dance and no pain walking. High quality shoes (of which there are different shoes for different types of feet mind you - again, a knowledgeable person can help you pick the right shoes) and inserts (whether orthopedic or higher quality store bought) might help. Good luck! (As you know, swimming is also gentler on your body, though I'm concerned to recommend it because of your shoulder).

KELLYFIT123 Posts: 1,312
2/18/14 8:44 A

I 100% agree with MissRuth. Get yourself to a medical professional who understands your issues! A physical therapist is probably your best bet.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

MISSRUTH Posts: 4,258
2/18/14 8:39 A

IMO when we've got some physical issues affecting what we can and cannot do.... the first place to start, for advice-- would be with your doctor. Perhaps a referral to a physical therapist, if possible. It would be wrong for random people on the internet to suggest specific exercises -- you need to ask people who know your medical history and the reasons why your feet hurt or knees hurt. You wouldn't want to do anything that could make your physical problems worse.

2/17/14 11:10 P

I had been trying to walk more but my feet and knees have been hurting. I was told that my kneecap is not quite where it should be. I also had the joy of finding that I have "calcified tendonitis" in my shoulders. And an injury to my inner right elbow has been causing pain again too.

It's been hell. It makes me feel old.

I have resistance bands that I've never used, a stepper that I sometimes use, and a stationary step collecting dust bunnies.

With all that in mind, I need help determining exactly what to do with what I've got. Any helpful ideas?

Page: 1 of (1)  

Other Fitness and Exercise Topics:

Topics: Last Post:
Best Home Workout for Men 12/18/2016 2:44:01 PM
FitBit syncing 1/24/2017 6:23:44 PM
pedometer 1/11/2017 9:09:32 PM
Share your wearable tracker and why you like it :) 5/1/2016 3:16:29 AM
Metabolism 10/9/2016 12:33:16 PM