1. weight loss involved a positive attitude 2. there are many others on this same journey to being healthy and many who have the same problems as I do 3. Don't expect to lose all the weight at once. I didn't gain over night, and I won't lose it over night.
1. Start SLOW. The fast breaks really work. 2. Eat more fruits and vegetables. They will satisfy some of the cravings. 3. Keep going. I've been a member for over a year and I'm finally getting the swing of it!
1. If you slip, just make sure you GET BACK UP. And tell your Spark friends about it so that they can MAKE sure you get back up :) 2. Move your body. Even if it's only for a few minutes, make a conscious effort to exercise daily. 3. Measure everything you eat. Let go of the portion distortion and make yourself accountable to what goes in your mouth.
DRINK WATER!!! Never say the word DIET again!! Keep moving my body....doesn't matter what I do...just keep moving!!
Even when I'm not loosing weight, I keep logging in. I don't always follow my plan, but by following SP I stay in the right frame of mind.
Fitness Minutes: (10,450)
123 7/6/10 7:21 A
It is "teaching" me that when you make something public it feels like you embrace a larger world. I don't actually know the people in the spark pages, but I actually feel for them; finding joy in their success and enthusiasm.
Fitness Minutes: (11,059)
11,336 7/6/10 6:29 A
It has taught me how to monitore my foods so I can lose.
It has showed me how to lose weight without eating so much.
Taught me how to set my goals so I can achieve them.
Fitness Minutes: (1,270)
539 6/23/10 5:34 P
Encouragement, Support and Good Information
Fitness Minutes: (10,001)
410 6/23/10 5:24 P
1. If you mess up, start over. Don't beat yourself up about it and don't give up. This has been a wonderful lesson, probably my most valuable one. 2. Losing weight is so much easier when you have a bunch of people in the same boat you are. The support is wonderful. 3. Learning to eat the right things, not only to lose weight, but to be healthy.
Fitness Minutes: (31,019)
3,128 6/23/10 4:39 P
1. How important support is to my success. 2. Never too old to give up couch potato ways. 3. Forgiving myself when I screw up. No more cane and whips!
Fitness Minutes: (13,964)
1,069 6/23/10 4:35 P
1. It does matter about spacing food out all through the day. It costs on the scales!! Experimented this one contra my weight loss organisation- DDV is more reliable and I have to work less hard to get results.. DDV has it more fine tuned that I thought.. 2. I am not eating anywhere near what sparks suggests of essential fat- I can eat even leaner and keep my results perfectly.. 3. Rest days are far more important to achieve more muscle mass for women.. I lift like a man and get results like a man!! No such thing as toning muscles it is body building and long term dedication is the only way to get results.. Don't need whey protein or suppliments just need to lift heavier.. It took some time but I have re-balanced my muscle mass while caring for a spinal injury..
Edited by: RENA1965 at: 6/23/2010 (05:55)
Fitness Minutes: (325,452)
105,762 6/23/10 1:38 A
Makre the correct healthy choice in all areas to succeed.
Following three: 1. Consistency is more important than perfection in exercise 2. Concept of good days and bad days(that they come in intervals so don't give up during bad days) 3. Tracking your calories is VERY important !
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.