Help - Answer
- How can I enter a food I cannot find in the database?
SparkPeople has a 10,000+ item food database, but if you don't see a food listed in there that you need to track, you are able to manually enter the nutritional information for that item.
To manually enter a food item in your Nutrition Tracker:
- Roll your mouse over "My Trackers" at the top of the screen.
- Click on "My Nutrition."
- You'll now see your Nutrition Tracker page.
- Click on "Enter food not listed." (Just below the search button.)
- Enter the name of your food at the top of the page.
- Select the serving size and the measurement by clicking on the down arrow next to the numeric serving sizes. (Note: you can type decimals for the serving size, such as .5, 1.25, etc.)
- Type in all information you would like to track from the nutrition label.
- When done, click "Save Food."
- Your food item will now appear in the search box.
- Enter how much you ate and select which meal you'd like to add it to.
- If you want to add it to your Favorites list, check the box for "Add this Food to My Favorites."
- Click "Add Food To Tracker."
- Your manually entered food item will now be showing in your Nutrition Tracker.
For more tips to use and customize your Nutrition Tracker, refer to the tutorial video below.
If this did not answer your question:
Search Help Again