My 7 Favorite Kettlebell Exercises
Kettlebells continue to lead the way as one of the biggest fitness trends of 2011. Having participated in an eight week kettlebell class with a certified kettlebell instructor this past spring, it is now one of my favorite of all-time cross training activities that I do outside running.
Kettlebell training incorporates cardio using strength training moves when you transition quickly from one exercise to another. However, performing individual exercises can be quite challenging as well, while giving your body the same benefits as conventional strength training exercises.
Because you do not use the same movement as you would when performing conventional strength training exercises, a few things to consider before beginning a kettlebell workout include:
- If you can, sign up for a few sessions or a class with a certified kettlebell instructor so that you can learn proper form and movement
- Wear shoes that have little or no cushioning
- Keep your weight in your heels
- Do not death grip the kettlebell handle, but instead lightly grasp it. Doing so will help prevent strain on the wrist and forearm
- Don't forget to breathe
- Stand tall and thrust with your hips
- Don't forget to do a nice 5-10 minute cardio warm-up before beginning any of these exercise moves
Reverse Lunge with Pass Through
Do you incorporate kettlebell exercises into your strength training workout routine? If so what is/are your favorite moves?
You will earn 5 SparkPoints
NEXT ENTRY > New Program Broadens Access to Healthy Foods